Chilli and Coconut oil is fast becoming one of my favorite flavour combinations with so many ways to enhance the flavours of both, I mix and match my ingredients to create a myriad of wonderful taste sensations.
I used this marinade/dressing and variations thereof for many things but most recently for the Grilled Aubergine
Chilli & Coconut Oil Marinade / Dressing:
Chopped very finely:
- Chilli (to taste – a whole small chilli or dried flakes)
- Chilli Essence or Pickle (if you have, I make my own)
- Pepper – red/yellow/green or a combo
- Dash of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dollop of Honey
- Herbs: Dhania
- Himalayan Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dash of Lemon
Whisk together with a hand whisk.
Wash over the vegetables or meat you wish to marinade, place in fridge if you really want the flavours to soak in.
Once marinaded the vegetables or meat can be fried, grilled, baked or BBQ’d.
Other Aubergine Recipes to try: Aubergine and Friend Egg